18 June 2010

Day 8: JFK to DUB, DUB to AMS

Who would have thought that the Creative Circus would help me battle jet lag? You see, all of those nights that I stayed up doing projects for Syl has slowly weaned me off of sleep; thus making my transition to a place 6 timezones away basically flawless.

Unfortunately, in my sleep-deprived state, I forgot to take many pictures. However, I will assure you that it was a comedy-of-errors type of day. From going through wrong doors in Dublin and then not being allowed to reenter the terminal for an hour, to the "hilarious" fiasco with my ticket home (Aer Lingus basically telling me I was SOL on changing it after they had told me 3 times that I could), to getting on the wrong train in Amsterdam - it was a long day. Fortunately, all's well that ends well. Yesterday ended with beers and champagne on the patio. Not too shabby!

Today, we bike. Ashley, Jenny Beth and I are doing a large tour of the city, including the heineken brewery, a canal cruise and lots of delicious food.


(our street - the noorderstraat)



(ash and jb on the patio)



(my fiets)



(for some reason I was shaking the corona. I blame Ashley.)

Until later,

e

No comments:

Post a Comment