22 June 2010

Day 11: Rhodos, Greece

After getting up quite early for the time we went to bed (2am) to see about ferries. Getting from Rhodos to Santorini is apparently quite a difficult task by boat (everyone could agree that it was a beautiful place, but everyone we met went by plane). Sadly for us, we missed both the midnight and 5am ferries and would now need to wait until Monday at 5pm. We were grateful that there was a ferry at all, because some Rhodians had assured us that none existed.
Ashley and Jenny Beth were determined to make lemonade of lemons and wanted to got exploring ... I needed a nap. However, after a quick sleep, I was onboard. We spent the rest of the day exploring this ancient island and its ruins.




Our view




Old city




The Aegean sea




Ashley in a fort




Jenny Beth in a fort




The ruins




The hero shot

Until later,


e

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very interesting, good job! I am a new blogger and because of my love for Santorini (a Greek island) I started my blog,Santorini Greece. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete