26 June 2010

Day 17 (part 1): The Aegean, Greece

0100 / The Aegean Ocean

The next 6 hours aboard Blue Star 1 will be my first moments alone in a little over a week. As a generally solitary person, I was a little nervous when I found out that I would be traveling for 8 days with 2 people (my friend Ashley and her cousin Jenny Beth, who I had met once before at bonnaroo). I'm glad to report that my fears were unnecessary and now that I am alone, it feels very strange and a little uncomfortable.
When I first told people that I would be going to Santorini on this vacation, many people told me that I would never want to leave. However, as I told Ashley today, it is the act of coming and going that makes certain places and times special. Because if we didn't come and go, these things would become commonplace and ordinary. I will say that Santorini is beautiful and it holds a new, special place in my heart. The other day, we were talking about coming back here and JB and Ash both agreed that they would, at the time I said that I probably would not, because there are too many places that I want to see to go someplace twice. Well, I lied. After these 5 days, Greece is a place that i want to bring my family and my friends. It is a beautiful place and we had nothing but great experiences from start to finish.
So, for now, I depart. After a quick stop in Athens (6 hours quick), I am on to London and back into the company of new and different people.

"if I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight"




Yassas,


e

No comments:

Post a Comment