02 July 2010

Day 21: London, England

After our booze-soaked day being award winners, Christy and I felt that there was only one thing left to do... Watch tennis. Both of us are avid sports fans (Christy more than I), and we both agreed that since we were in London during Wimbledon, there was no excuse not to go.



So, on Wednesday morning at 745, we joined "the queue" for tickets.








Amazingly, we got in! For 17 pounds (cash), we were granted access to some of the finest tennis in the world.



And strawberries and cream (thanks to the $20 I keep in an HSBC account, we got that shit for free!)



First, we saw the first set of a juniors match (#5 vs #9). I was heartened to see that I'm not the only one that gets pissed when I lose. One of the players started cursing in his native Czech when he lost the first set.



Then, we toured the world famous All England Club (it has a much longer name that I won't write out here).

Lastly, we happened to bump into Venus and Serena Williams on the way to their doubles match (picture taken with other/better camera). We also saw Lindsay Davenport (and her adorable pirate child). All in all, a solid morning.

After leaving Wimbledon (before we had to watch Roger lose), we met up with Sarah and did a little last sightseeing and some light shopping (10 boxes of tea shipped to my mom).




Before I knew it, it was 1030, my bags were packed and my alarm set for 350am.

Next up... do bears live at the train station?

Until later,


e

No comments:

Post a Comment