30 April 2009

#83.... FAIL

For those of you that don't know, I have a younger half-brother. In fact, I have two younger half-brothers. Both are my father's sons, but with different mothers. (Seriously, it's complicated... but not nearly as sketchy as I just made it sound. My dad has been married three times... and has 5 sons and 1 daughter (me).)

For #83, I thought I would try to make an effort to remember my brother Jake's birthday for the next two years. I was doing really well too. On April 25th (the day before his birthday), I looked at my watch and said to myself "self, tomorrow is Jake's birthday... don't forget... this will have to go on the blog". On April 27th (the day after his birthday), I looked at my watch and said to myself "shit! Seriously? You forgot? Again? For the millionth time in a row! Bad sister!". So, I wrote him a Facebook wall post saying precisely that (yes, I swore on my 17 year old brother's facebook wall... where his whole family (mother included... hi Jane!) could see).

Now, I just have 360-some-odd days to remember again.

Better luck next time.


e

No comments:

Post a Comment