12 March 2009

My 101 Things...

My sister-in-law, Krista, posted a list recently of 101 things that she is going to do in 1001 days. It is part of the Day Zero Project. After reading it, I was inspired. Having recently moved to a new city and basically shaking my life totally up, I decided that I needed some goals. Specifically 101 of them. Some of them are stupid, some are ridiculous and some are the most unoriginal things I could think of. However, I committed myself to starting it on my 25th birthday. Even though my birthday was yesterday, I have begun thinking about how I am going to accomplish all of these things. So, without further ado... my list.

1. Climb Mt. Monadnock... finally.
2. Go to Bonnaroo
3. Go on a date (don't judge me)
4. Grow out my hair (6 more inches and I'm there)
5. Finally read all of the books in my bookshelf (approximately 20)
6. Hike the Georgia portion of the Appalachian Trail (75 miles, give or take)
7. Go camping twice
8. Go skiing at least once per winter
9. Take a trip by myself
10. Take a roadtrip with friends
11. Read all of the Jane Austen novels (2 down 3 to go)
12. Wear my hair down at least twice per week
13. Write 5 letters, just because
14. Learn calligraphy
15. Take a picture a day for a month
16. Get my Leica fixed... and learn how to use it
17. Go to Savannah, Georgia
18. Go without TV for a week
19. Consciously learn one new thing a day for a week
20. Make a surprise visit home
21. Visit Danielle in Seattle
22. Take a hot air balloon ride
23. Go bungee jumping or skydiving
24. Visit 4 states I have never been to
25. Lose the 20lbs I have gained since college
26. Call a college friend at least once per week
27. Visit four new restaurants a week for a month
28. See four movies by myself in a month
29. Get my golf game in order
30. Turn off the email in my phone for a week
31. Learn how to grill well
32. Learn how to bake pies
33. Cook every recipe in a cookbook
34. Do yoga every week for two months
35. Visit Machu Picchu
36. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
37. Visit New Orleans, Louisiana
38. Find a red wine that I like
39. Save $500.00
40. Take a spinning class
41. Learn to do a pullup
42. Climb a rock wall
43. Floss three times a week for a month
44. Get a makeup lesson
45. Organize all slides and photos
46. Read two books on American History
47. Read two books on European History
48. Read two biographies
49. Go to three minor league baseball games
50. Go to an Atlanta Braves game
51. Go to the Atlanta Aquarium
52. Go to Zoo Atlanta
53. Go to the Fernbank Museum
54. Visit a distillery (Jack Daniels, Makers Mark, etc...)
55. See a drive-in movie
56. Donate blood twice
57. Send a postcard to Postsecret
58. Do a Crossfit session
59. Learn to bake bread from scratch
60. Relearn to shoot a bow and arrow
61. Relearn riflery
62. Finally try lobster
63. Graduate from the Creative Circus
64. Do at least two blog postings a week
65. Tell Ryan Dodge that I like his blog and think he's really cool
66. Spend a day at the beach
67. Finish my daisy needlepoint
68. Set up reminders in my Google calendar for my friends birthdays
69. Go visit cousin Michele in Maryland
70. Get a job
71. Get a dog
72. Go to Waffle House
73. Move to a new city (it can be one that I have already lived in)
74. Break one of my rules (there are many...)
75. Be able to run 5 miles (without collapsing)
76. Take a spontaneous trip
77. Go to Europe ... again
78. Buy a little black dress
79. Kiss in the rain
80. Sit outside during a thunder/lightning storm
81. Send flowers to myself
82. Send flowers to a friend anonymously
83. Actually remember my little brother Jake's birthday
84. Go one week without buying anything unnecessary (gas, food, bills are excluded...)
85. Snorkel
86. Send a thank you note for ALL gifts received
87. Go to Charleston
88. Go out one night and NOT be Designated Driver
89. Keep a sketchbook for my time in Atlanta
90. Wear my bathing suit in actual public
91. Learn to sail
92. Go swimming in the ocean
93. Take a flying lesson
94. Flirt shamelessly with a boy
95. Buy a guy a drink at a bar
96. Learn to do a headstand in yoga
97. Let Ashley Reid make me a one day playlist (all I can listen to all day)
98. Do a beer bong
99. Do a keg stand
100. Call in to a radio station
101. Go on a three-day bender... don't judge

I hope to be updating everyone on my progress for the next 1,000 days (remember, I technically started yesterday). I hope to have everything checked off by December 7th, 2011. Wow, that feels like really far away.

Let the fun begin...


e

No comments:

Post a Comment