30 January 2010

#40. It's all Krista's Fault.

For at least a year (maybe more), I have wanted to take a spinning class. Those shiny bikes just looked so interesting to me. However, when I was living in New York (and going to a super swank gym), spinning wasn't so much a class as a secret society. The people that took the class had special clothes and special shoes and knew exactly what they were doing. It scared me.

Flash forward to this past December, my sister-in-law (the aforementioned Krista) asked me if I wanted to take Saturday spin class with her. Since Krista has seen me make an ass out of myself (both in and out of the gym) before, I had nothing to lose. I was in. An hour later, I was hooked. Like, really hooked. I spent the rest of Christmas break going to as many spin classes as I could. Now that I am back in Atlanta, I am a fixture at my gym's Saturday morning class (which you have to sign up in advance for... durrrrr).

Unexpected bonus, now that I am spinning, my running seems to have gotten just a bit easier. Woot.

So, thank you Krista for asking me to go to that class. It's all your fault. In a good way.


e

No comments:

Post a Comment