18 June 2009

#2... Done in the best possible way

My #2 goal was to finally go to Bonnaroo. For those of you who don't know, Bonnaroo is a 4 day music and arts festival in Manchester, TN. It is a pretty raucous time full of amazing music and dirty hippies (two of my most favorite thing... as I am about 48% dirty hippie myself). The only downside?? ... tickets to Bonnaroo are expensive... like $300 apiece expensive... plus you have to buy a camping spot... gear... food... and gas to get there. On a student's budget, it was just not feasible.

Enter my friend Ashley.... who just happens to be from the town over from Manchester. Long story short, her brother's wrestling team had volunteered to pour beer in two VIP tents, now all they needed were volunteers. I didn't even hesitate when asked.

(Did I mention that Bonnaroo was the weekend before my final panel review... and it doesn't end until the wee hours on Monday morning... and my panel was scheduled for 1pm Monday - way to go Eliza)

None of us expected the weekend to be as amazing as it was... we basically got run of the VIP Guest section (home to media, friends of the talent and holders of the THAT pass). This meant catered food, comfy chairs, concerts on plasma tvs, wifi, a/c and massages if we wanted them... oh, and BACKSTAGE PASSES!! That's right. I got to see Rodrigo y Gabriela, Erykah Badu and Snoop Dogg (stop judging me!) from 30 feet away. It was an amazing experience.



Plus, Ashley's family generously donated use of their house, so that we could sleep inside and have hot showers. We owe them big-time.

All-in-all... one of the best experiences of my life.


e

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Looks like you had a blast! I love your hippie dress :)

    ReplyDelete