28 January 2009

Is that blue fire in your bedroom??


It was late afternoon when I finally left orientation at my new school (and the sole reason for my sojourn southward), so when I finally found my craigslist sublet, I was tired. However, since it was the beginning of January, it was also a bit chilly when I walked through the front door. I walked around both rooms of the apartment - not exactly the spacious apartment that was advertised - looking for a heater. After a few minutes of reading the note left for me, I figured it out... the menacing looking box with the gas line attached to it was my heating system. Hmm. I am pretty confident that this type of system wouldn't fly "up north", but apparently it's pretty standard around these them there parts. So now, every night when I go to bed, I am soothed to sleep with the glow of a blue gas flame... I just try to forget the warning on the heater stating: Not Suitable for Use in Bedrooms. 

e

2 comments:

  1. I suppose the more important question is- how far is the angry blue fire from your *bathroom?*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the heater is as far from the bathroom as you can get. Don't worry, I'll post pictures of the palace before I move out so that all can see the splendor.

    e

    ReplyDelete