19 December 2010

#27

Or how I gained 10 pounds in one weekend and am now undoubtedly a candidate for blood pressure meds.

This past weekend, Atlanta was invaded by northerners (again). A fair chunk of my family came to town to attend graduation at the Creative Circus. I was initially a little worried about having to host my family in a town that I have yet to explore (school keeps me phenomenally busy). However, there were only two really hiccups the whole weekend (once when I tried to take my mom to one of the most popular restaurants in town and once when we got stuck in heinous traffic).

In addition to getting to hang out with two of my brothers, my sister-in-law Krista and my mom, I was also able to cross #27 off my list with a bang (and a few stomachaches).

First stop was Fox Bros BBQ on Dekalb. It was far and away the best BBQ I have ever had. My family and I attacked the menu with reckless abandon... and we paid for it later. All in all, a solid start to the weekend.

Next was a breakfast at The Silver Skillet. I've driven by the Silver Skillet more than a few times (MAC paper, one of my paper suppliers is next door); however, I had never been inside this Atlanta institution. We all had amazing breakfasts complete with an awesome waitress who gave my brother Grant the nickname Junior.

Here is the aftermath.


My brother Austin really loves his breakfast lemon pie.



Our third stop was another BBQ dinner, this time at DBA Barbecue. It's a slightly more upscale barbecue joint located in the Highlands. However, that doesn't mean it's any less delicious.



Our last restaurant on the tour was one last lunch at the Vortex (we had thought about The Varsity, but decided against it because of their lack of vegetarian options for Krista). Even though I lived down the street from this restaurant, I had never once been. However, I had heard amazing things about their hamburgers. I will say that the guacamole burger did not disappoint. I did need to order a side salad thought.



e

1 comment:

  1. I Love how this is basically a trip to see my mother in law in a nutshell. Comfort food my friend! How it doesn't kill us, even when consumed sparingly, I have no idea!

    Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete